Website performance optimization is the process of increasing the speed at which web pages are downloaded and displayed on a user’s web browser. As you will read on, you will see that website performance is of paramount importance in the Internet industry today. Read more…
- If our website uses HTML/CSS, we are dependent on the World-Wide Web Consortium.
- If our website uses PHP, we are dependent on The PHP Group.
- If our website uses Red Hat Linux, we are dependent on Red Hat, Inc..
- If our website uses Apache, we are dependent on The Apache Software Foundation.
- If our organization uses MySQL, we are dependent on Oracle Corp.
This is a very short list and it does not list all the dependencies for each tool, but it does illustrate the point – we are dependent on the creators and suppliers of the tools we use (including tools that are incorporated into other tools in a dependency hierarchy).